What metrics do you need to be tracking for your art business? Although keeping track of metrics like the number of website visitors you’re getting might not sound like fun, stay with me here!
Tracking metrics in your business can be a real eye-opener. You’ll find out what’s working, what isn’t, and where you should be spending your time to successfully sell your work.
In today’s episode I’m giving you the what, why, and how of 8 metrics you need to be tracking in your business for art marketing success. Let’s get to it!
Why you need to track metrics in your art business
- You may have a lot of followers on social, but are they engaging with your content? You need to know so that you can track their “buyer experience” on the path from awareness to purchase.
- So that you know what’s working and what’s not
- So that you can adjust and do more of what’s working and less of what isn’t!
What metrics you need to track
- Website visitors
- How people got to your website
- The most popular pages on your website
- Total sales
- Email subscribers
- Email open rates and click rates
- Social media followers
- Social media engagement
Your action steps
- Set up Google Analytics on your website
- Find the metrics in your social media and email platforms
- Start tracking!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, please consider it so you don’t miss any episodes. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
I would be super appreciative if you would leave me a review on iTunes, too. Those reviews help others find my podcast and I honestly enjoy reading your feedback. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!